NPV consultants have decades of experience across diverse sectors, designing and executing sustainability initiatives with tangible business results.
Strategy Development and Implementation
These project can include cost-benefit analyses and determination of net present value of sustainability investments, stakeholder engagement, human rights frameworks, benchmarking, developing and implementing a CSR strategy or EHS management system (including training, audit, balanced scorecard and reporting procedures), developing responsible supply chain programs, developing performance data systems and more.
Clients (USA): The Walt Disney Company, Chevron, Cisco, NortonLifeLock, PQ Corporation, Deckers Outdoor, Juniper Networks, General Motors, ExxonMobil, Marathon Oil, Newfield Exploration, Hewlett Packard, Altria, Hess, Mars, Constellation Brands
Clients (Europe & Asia): BP, ArcelorMittal, Bechtel, EON, Cooperative Financial Services, Kesko, TNT, RWE, Suez, Shell, Vodafone, Tokyo Electric Power
Case Study Chevron: Disclosure strategy 2011-present
- Helped transition Chevron from a long-form PDF CSR report to an ESG-focused digital disclosure strategy
- Created report framework and content outline
- Benchmarked reporting strategy against peers, industry leaders and external leaders to back up new report strategy, and created three year implantation plan to move to an online ESG hub
- Conducted 30+ stakeholder calls to assess stakeholder priorities
- Implemented plan reduces staff time, saving Chevron time and money
- Implemented plan increased engagement with stakeholders through the creation of focused communication channels for each main stakeholder group.
Case Study Newfield Exploration: Strategic Advisor 3+ years
Review, select content development and structure consulting for the inaugural CR Report – the first GRI G4 In Accordance Report in the sector
- Chair and facilitator of the Newfield External Advisory Panel
- Developed CR governance structure, Charter, Policy and materiality process and integrated these into operational management systems
- Conducted stakeholder roadshows to disseminate CR information and performance in each operating region
ESG/ Sustainability/ CSR Reporting and Communications
These projects can include ESG/CSR/Sustainability report development, report writing, and editing, and project management of report production, as well as ghost-writing for company blogs, thought-leadership pieces, internal emails, stakeholder briefs, etc. We offer a full range of reporting services: report planning, subject-matter expert interviews, writing/content creation, report design, data gathering, index preparation (i.e. GRI, TCFD, SASB tables), assurance (on the report itself, or on specific data such as GHGs), and marketing report launch collateral creation.
Clients (USA): CooperCompanies, The Walt Disney Company, Dell Technologies, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Huawei, Chesapeake Energy, Pioneer Natural Resources, Walmart, NortonLifeLock, Bechtel, AC Transit, Newfield Exploration, Marathon Oil, Toyota Motors North America
Clients (Europe & Asia): Huawei, Samsung, LG Electronics, Global Reporting Initiative, ArcelorMittal
- 2020 NortonLifeLock CR Report and ghostwrite all NortonLifeLock CR Blogs
- Dell Technologies Erase E-waste campaign
Assurance and Auditing
Clients (USA): Kimberly-Clark, ProLogis, AMB Properties, General Motors
Clients (Europe & Asia): POSCO, LG Electronics, Scottish Power, Alfred McAlpine, Smiths Group, Stora Enso, and First Group
- Assurance: assessment and validation of data and claims in a sustainability report against the AA1000 Assurance Standard
- Activities include c-suite and senior interviews, operational site visits, report reviews, data checking, review of stakeholder feedback and project management.
- Outputs include both a public assurance statement and an internal management letter with recommendations and actions for improvement.
IN ADDITION TO OUR CLIENT WORK, WE ARE ESTABLISHED CONTRIBUTORS TO THE LEADING STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES IN SUSTAINABILITY TODAY:
Global Reporting Initiative: Todd served as project manager for the drafting of the GRI G3 Indicator Protocols and sat on the GRI Assurance Advisory Committee for two years
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB): Todd sits on the SASB Advisory Council as well as the Oil and Gas Standards Working Committee
OGP/API/IPIECA Guidelines for Voluntary Reporting: Todd directed the reconciliation of the 2008 Guidelines with the GRI G3.1 Standard on behalf of IPIECA.
AA1000 Assurance Standard: Todd participated in the initial stakeholder consultations for the draft 2008 AA1000AS while working in the United Kingdom