NPV consultants have decades of experience across diverse sectors, designing and executing sustainability initiatives with tangible business results.
Strategy Development and Implementation
These project can include cost-benefit analyses and determination of net present value of sustainability investments, stakeholder engagement, human rights frameworks, benchmarking, developing and implementing a CSR strategy or EHS management system (including training, audit, balanced scorecard and reporting procedures), developing responsible supply chain programs, developing performance data systems and more.
Clients (USA): The Walt Disney Company, Dell Technologies, Chevron, Cisco, NortonLifeLock, PQ Corporation, Deckers Outdoor, Juniper Networks, General Motors, ExxonMobil, Marathon Oil, Newfield Exploration, Hewlett Packard, Altria, Hess, Mars, Constellation Brands
Clients (Europe & Asia): BP, ArcelorMittal, Bechtel, EON, Cooperative Financial Services, Kesko, TNT, RWE, Suez, Shell, Vodafone, Tokyo Electric Power
Case Study Chevron: Report support 2011-present
- Helped transition Chevron from a long-form PDF CSR report to an ESG-focused digital disclosure strategy
- Created report framework and content outline
- Benchmarked reporting strategy against peers, industry leaders and external leaders to back up new report strategy, and created three year implantation plan to move to an online platform.
- Implemented plan reduces staff time, saving Chevron time and money
- Implemented plan increased engagement with stakeholders through the creation of focused communication channels for each main stakeholder group.
Case Study Newfield Exploration: Strategic Advisor 3+ years
Review, select content development and structure consulting for the inaugural CR Report – the first GRI G4 In Accordance Report in the sector
- Chair and facilitator of the Newfield External Advisory Panel
- Developed CR governance structure, Charter, Policy and materiality process and integrated these into operational management systems
- Conducted stakeholder roadshows to disseminate CR information and performance in each operating region
Value Driver Model projects
These projects are a comprehensive analysis that directly connects a company’s environmental footprint to financial value. The projects include a full internal case study linking growth, productivity and risk.
Clients: Kering, UN Global Compact, Boeing, Dow, DuPont
Case Study Boeing: Sustainability through aviation efficiency. This case study profiles how our consultants helped Boeing apply the aspects of sustainability-advantaged growth, productivity and risk (S/GPR) in the Value Driver Model to its business. Read more
Case Study Dow Chemical Company: Restoring nature, protecting profit. This case study profiles how our consultants aided Dow’s progress in creating sustainability strategies that can be translated into additional bottom line and societal benefit. Read more
Case Study DuPont: Seeking solutions for a better planet. This case study profiles how our consultants worked with DuPont to show key revenue growth from sustainability-advantaged sources in addition to absolute reductions in GHG emissions and total water use from its 2004 baseline, despite business expansion. Read more
ESG/Sustainability/CSR Reporting and Communications
These projects can include ESG/CSR/Sustainability report development, report writing, and editing, and project management of report production, as well as ghost-writing for company blogs, thought-leadership pieces, internal emails, stakeholder briefs, etc.
Clients (USA): The Walt Disney Company, Dell Technologies, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Huawei, Chesapeake Energy, Pioneer Natural Resources, Wal-Mart, NortonLifeLock, Bechtel, AC Transit, Newfield Exploration, Marathon Oil, Toyota Motors North America
Clients (Europe & Asia): Huawei, Samsung, LG Electronics, Global Reporting Initiative, ArcelorMittal
Case Study Cisco: CSR Communications
- Write quarterly thought-leadership pieces for distribution through paid and earned media and on CSR blog
- Develop year-long CSR communications plan and monthly content calendar in conjunction with Corporate Affairs team
Case Study Chesapeake Energy: CR Report
- Project manager for 2014 CR Report
- Project managed content creation, data gathering and insight from Subject Matter Experts, report production and coordination with design team
- Wrote full content of report
Case Study Huawei: CR Report
- Project manager for 2014 CR Report, Huawei’s most recent CR Report
- Created report framework and content outline
- Wrote international case studies for inclusion in the report, which involved traveling across the globe to meet with stakeholders
- Wrote materiality, stakeholder engagement and issue-area introduction pages of report
- Proofread and edited entire report
- Developed reporting metrics
- Indexed GRI G4 indicators
- Sprint is one of a number of Fortune 500 companies we recently provided advice to on the nexus of Sustainability & Investor Relations
- Services provided: detailed analysis of investor risks and opportunities among current and prospective shareholders by region
- Advice on roadshows, communications and strategy in the light of the increased interest being seen in sustainable investing
Assurance and Auditing
Clients (USA): Kimberly-Clark, ProLogis, AMB Properties, General Motors
Clients (Europe & Asia): POSCO, LG Electronics, Scottish Power, Alfred McAlpine, Smiths Group, Stora Enso, and First Group
- Assurance: assessment and validation of data and claims in a sustainability report against the AA1000 Assurance Standard
- Activities include c-suite and senior interviews, operational site visits, report reviews, data checking, review of stakeholder feedback and project management.
- Outputs include both a public assurance statement and an internal management letter with recommendations and actions for improvement.
IN ADDITION TO OUR CLIENT WORK, WE ARE ESTABLISHED CONTRIBUTORS TO THE LEADING STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES IN SUSTAINABILITY TODAY:
Global Reporting Initiative: Todd served as project manager for the drafting of the GRI G3 Indicator Protocols and sat on the GRI Assurance Advisory Committee for two years
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB): Todd sits on the SASB Advisory Council as well as the Oil and Gas Standards Working Committee
OGP/API/IPIECA Guidelines for Voluntary Reporting: Todd directed the reconciliation of the 2008 Guidelines with the GRI G3.1 Standard on behalf of IPIECA.
AA1000 Assurance Standard: Todd participated in the initial stakeholder consultations for the draft 2008 AA1000AS while working in the United Kingdom